Dec 10, 2010

I'm disappointed with decision about new sponsor logo on Barca shirt

Shirt sponsorship is easy solution, but do our club really need it? In my oppinion: no.
We have some sponsors like Nike, Audi, la Caixa, Turkish Airlines, Estrella, Herbalife, TV3 and it’s nothing wrong to have sponsors, but in case of FC Barcelona shirts are really important, and I don’t want to see too many logos on our blaugrana shirts:) Right now on shirts there are small sponsors logos ( TV3 (on sleeve) and Nike), Unicef logo is great idea, I think it’s really blaugrana spirit to support charity organization.

Club has many sponsors, but that doesn’t meant that their logos are on Barca shirt (like Estrella,Caixa, Herbalife). Of course putting logo on shirt is more profitable for club. But there are more important things than money. Barca shirts are unique because instead of gettin money from sponsors club give money to Unicef. This deal with Qatar Foundation is completly different, it’s not about charity but aobut earning money.

I know that it was founded by Royal family, but still. I just think that foundation could spent this money in different way, like helping kids or so. I just don’t like the idea of putting more logos on shirt. Qatar foundation can collaborate with club or FCB Fundacio (like Leo Messi Foundation and many others do). But sponsorship is different thing…

I completly understand financial situation of our club, but I also know that some numbers are not quite “true”, I have master’s degree of Economics, and I know that the same financial situation you can present in many different ways,all are true but some looks worse than others.

I want all the best for Barca, but there are some very important things with great value to barcelonismo and cules around the world.

I know that world is not ideal, and football club is a big bussiness too, but well FCB was always “different”. Moreover this decision was taken in wrong way. Is this the transparency that Sandro Rosell was talking about? Decision was announced, just like “soci case”.

“For me, the club couching its vile decision in “Well, it’s the right sponsor, you know,” is like a whore saying “I don’t do business with bad men.” It makes you no less of a whore.”- source here


Moreover I knew that this board would blame Laporta and past board, it was for me clear for the beggining, now I’m really sad, really. I’m not fan of Laporta, he made many mistakes too, but his “shirt policy” was very good, both to club image and supporters around the world.

There are other ways to improve financial situtation, Rosell chosen in my oppinion bad decision, but well I know nothing about current situation in board, but as far as I know Socis were not aware of this decision nor even plans, so I’m sad also about the WAY of making this decision. Another strange thing is that Rosell won’t be attending the announcement ceremony. (he also abstained from the vote to pursue legal action against Laporta).





Mr.Rosell disappointed me one more time, first “Cruyff case” than some strange decisions, “soci case”, now shirts, what else? Soon we will sing “hala”or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is ZERO TOLERANCE for:
- Swearing, Intimidation, Racist,-or any other form of-abusive language
- Postings which inspire hate or contain malicious use of stereotypes
- Commercial postings, spam or messages from dummy accounts

Please take responsibility! You are solely esponsible for your postings and comments.
Respect other users' rights and opinions.
Talk to the world. Please write in English, so that the world can relate to your thoughts and comments.

Thanks for taking time to read and comment this blog:)