Aug 2, 2010

Márquez : "Barça is the club of my life"


On official website of FCB you can read interview with Rafa Márquez (click to go to article)

there is a video too:


And here are my favourite highligts:

You won 12 trophies with Barça. Which one stands out?
"The Champions League in Paris because I played in the final and it was special. It was the start of the new Barça when we began to see the new style of play. Of all the trophies that was the best."

The best game?
"The qualifying game against Chelsea in 2005/06. I think I played one of my best games then."


Last Satudray you went to the training ground to say goodbye. How did that go?
"I was sad. Saying goodbye after so many years is tough. Apart from my team-mate I said goodbye to all the coaches and all the people that I worked with every day and have helped me through the bad times. It is a sad moment, but I will stay in contact and will see them all again."


What does it mean to you to play for Barça?
"They have been the best years of my sporting career. I have given the club my all and Barça will always be very important to me."


How do you think Barça fans will remember you?
"As myself. I never pretended to be somebody I am not and I hope that people remember me as a gentleman both on and off the pitch."

With Guardiola did you recover you self-esteem as a player?
"I think that we were all criticised during 2008 and many changes had to be made. Guardiola arrived and talked to me and made me feel important by giving me more responsibility. That was crucial for me and I regained my confidence."

Who is the best player you played with at Barça?
"There are many. From Víctor Valdés, Carles Puyol, Deco, Yaya Touré, Phillip Cocu, then Lionel Messi, Ronalinho, Samuel Eto'o. I have enjoyed playing alongside all of them every day in training and games. I have enjoyed myself, learned a lot and it has been a pleasure to work with them."


Which Barça will you miss the most?
"Puyol. He has been my team-mate in the dressing room and on the pitch. He is one of the people that I will miss most. Also, Xavi because he has given so much support."
in team."

What will you miss most?
"Everything. I was accustomed to life in Barcelona and to the people, my friends, the place, the climate. I enjoyed life here but I will be back in the future and would like to be continued to be linked to the club."

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is ZERO TOLERANCE for:
- Swearing, Intimidation, Racist,-or any other form of-abusive language
- Postings which inspire hate or contain malicious use of stereotypes
- Commercial postings, spam or messages from dummy accounts

Please take responsibility! You are solely esponsible for your postings and comments.
Respect other users' rights and opinions.
Talk to the world. Please write in English, so that the world can relate to your thoughts and comments.

Thanks for taking time to read and comment this blog:)