Aug 2, 2010

Iniesta: about World Cup, celebrations and swimsuit:)


Andres gave intresting interview to Mundo Deportivo (go to read full article)

So here are my fav parts of it:
How are you after the tribute and celebrations(p.s. click to read about it)?

Okay, it was a very special day, with many emotions.I tried to enjoy all.


Did you realise that so many people would show up?


You can imagine but it is still great when you actually you feel the love of people and that respect, it is very nice. A lot of people came from afar to see me but it’s possible that their sacrifice wasn’t repaid because I can’t dedicate myself to them like they truly deserve.


In Madrid, during the celebrations (La Moncloa), you said you would have preferred to have won but with someone else, perhaps Villa, scoring the goal….

Ha, ha, ha. That was another option, but I feel privileged to became part of the history of team and football. Believe it's still no so clear for us what we achieved. Maybe a little more now that I see the response of the people, but I think I’ll need a few more years before I truly comprehend what we accomplished.

Is there anything bigger than scoring the winning goal at the World Cup, in final seconds of game?

Well, the truth is that I have achieved everything and it is great, but my playing career continue and another season I start from scratch again.

Should fans be concerned about a possible 'all got syndrome'?

Not at all, winning everything even gives you more energy and desire to achieve more.

How does being the target of the objectives of the paparazzi, like during your vacations in Sardinia?

I already experienced something like this two years ago after winning the European Championship, but ... I think only bad news was about my swimsuit, which many people didn't like.

Have you already seen Rosell? In South Africa perhaps?

The truth is that no, he congratulated me on the phone after the final.

When the name of your hometown will change to 'Fuentealbilla of Andres Iniesta'?

No man, it is important that people gave me so much love and I'm be proud of my hometown. My job is football and I do my best to continue giving reason for people to be proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is ZERO TOLERANCE for:
- Swearing, Intimidation, Racist,-or any other form of-abusive language
- Postings which inspire hate or contain malicious use of stereotypes
- Commercial postings, spam or messages from dummy accounts

Please take responsibility! You are solely esponsible for your postings and comments.
Respect other users' rights and opinions.
Talk to the world. Please write in English, so that the world can relate to your thoughts and comments.

Thanks for taking time to read and comment this blog:)