Aug 29, 2010

Villa: I’m very happy that I don’t have to play any more against Barça.


Our new striker, David Villa gave interview to El Pais (click to read more)

Here are my favourite parts (translation by conlaroja.wordpress.com):

On his nickname: I like being called Guaje, more than David or Villa. It means “kid” in bable, and in mining areas, it refers to the helper of the miner. I like it when I’m called by this nickname, since it reminds me of home.

On goals: I more or less keep a tally of the goals I’ve scored. If I start to think about it, I can come up with all of them in one afternoon. You don’t forget about goals. At least, I have never forgotten a goal.

On Xavi & Iniesta: they’re good people. We know each other very well. On the field, I know what they’re thinking and they know what they can expect of me. It’s obvious that I arrived (at Barcelona) with this advantage. The ability of Xavi to find the weak point of the defense, to find you with a long or short pass, is a luxury for a forward. Xavi tricks you, you see him with the ball and you think, he doesn’t see me, it’s impossible, but he sees you, he always sees you and he knows perfectly where you want it, and he gives it to you there. It’s impossible for a forward not to have occasions to score with teammates like Xavi or Iniesta.

On Puyol: Puyi has some strengths that negate some of mine; we’re antagonists. He’s fast, he doesn’t give you space, he latches on to you. I’m very happy that I don’t have to play any more against Barça or against Puyi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is ZERO TOLERANCE for:
- Swearing, Intimidation, Racist,-or any other form of-abusive language
- Postings which inspire hate or contain malicious use of stereotypes
- Commercial postings, spam or messages from dummy accounts

Please take responsibility! You are solely esponsible for your postings and comments.
Respect other users' rights and opinions.
Talk to the world. Please write in English, so that the world can relate to your thoughts and comments.

Thanks for taking time to read and comment this blog:)